White Bean and Mozzarella Sandwich
- 1 cup canned canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Bulik bakery whole grain rye bread
- 8 big leaves of arugula
- 8 basil leaves
- 5 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- cooking spray
- salt & pepper
Instructions: Heat a large pan or grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray.
Combine the next four ingredients in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Using your hands, toss everything together so that the peppers and beans are evenly coated in the marinade. Remove just the peppers, reserving the beans and the marinade and place them on the hot pan. Cook, about 8 minutes a side until they're tender. Remove from pan to cool.
Meanwhile, slice the Rye bread, spread slices with 1/4 cup of marinated beans. Reserve remaining vinegar mixture. Finish each sandwich by layering on the basil, the cooled pepper, the arugula and 1/4 of the sliced mozzarella. Drizzle the remaining vinegar mixture over each sandwich and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with top piece of bread.
Makes: 4 servings. Serving size: 1
Egg Salad Sandwich Supreme
- 8 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp. nonfat mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 slices Warsaw Razowy (no fat)
- Romaine lettuce leaves
Instructions: Shell the eggs and discard the yolks, reserving the whites.
Chop the egg whites. Combine the chopped egg whites, celery, scallion, green pepper, mayonnaise, yogurt, black pepper and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
Spread four slices of Warsaw Razowy with the egg salad mixture. Top with romaine lettuce leaves and the remaining four slices of rye bread. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information: Calories Per Serving: 151, Fat: 0.1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Protein: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g, Sodium: 387 mg
The Californian Sandwich Recipe
- 12 ounces sliced boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 8 slices of 10 grain Razowy rye bread
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
Instructions: Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each slice of bread. Place three ounces turkey breast and 1/4 of the alfalfa sprouts on four slices of bread. Top with mango and pear slices and remaining slice of bread. Makes 4 Servings. Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Chicken and Peach Salad Sandwich
- 1/2 cup diced chicken breast
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup canned peach slices, drained
- 1 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 slices Razowy rye bread
Instructions: Mix the chicken, celery, onion, peaches, almonds and mayonnaise in a bowl and spoon onto the bread. Makes two sandwiches.
Nutritional Information: 290 calories, 25 grams protein, 38 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams total fat, 12 grams fiber.
Razowy Vegetable Sandwich ( serves 2 )
- 4 slices any "Razowy" bread
- 2 tsp. healthy mayonnaise( available in a health food store )
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Instructions: Evenly spread the mashed avocado on two slices of the Razowy bread and lightly sprinkle the salt and pepper over the avocado. Spread 1 tsp. mayonnaise on each of the remaining two slices of bread. Add the tomato, cucumber and onion to make two sandwiches. Serve immediately.